Product and company certifications
Nowadays, paints, stains, oils and waxes, as well as cleaning, care and maintenance products bearing the AURO label are recognized as exemplary products for ecological building and living. The simple reason for that is: We do not accept compromise in the quality of our products for humans and the environment.
Moreover, unlike other producers, we don’t make a secret of the composition of our products. Our strength is the credibility that creates our customers' confidence. AURO’s ecological products meet even highest technical requirements which is confirmed in numerous product tests and certifications.
- Biogenic nature of Replebin®Our emulsion wall paints are based on our innovative biogenic binding agent Replebin®. The prestigious Fresenius Institute confirms the biogenic nature of this binder.
- The VOC content of paints has become a vital issue in the public discussion and, more concrete, in the tendering procedures for building projects. Four AURO wall paints have been certified VOC free by the ILF (Institute for Paints and Varnishes): Wall paint no. 321, Anti-mould paint no. 327, Airfresh wall paint no. 328, High-grade lime paint no. 344
- The prestigious German “Society for Hygiene, Environmental and Preventive Medicine” (GHUP) has stated that the AURO Wall paint no. 321 is especially suited for a healthy indoor climate: Certificate Medically Sound Lodgings, Wall paint no. 321
- The ability of AURO’s Airfresh wallpaint no. 328 to purify indoor air was exemplarily stated in a test report by the SIMT (Shanghai Institut for Measuring and Testing Technology): Test Report on the Degradability of Formaldehyde by AURO Airfresh Wallpaint no. 328
- Classification of Fire Behaviour (EN 13501-1) of AURO Airfresh Wallpaint no. 328, issued by the Materialprüfanstalt für das Bauwesen (Material Testing Office for the Building Industry)
- Measurement of photocatalytic activity of AURO Airfresh Wallpaint no. 328 by Pigment Solution GmbH
- AURO’s Anti-mould paint no. 327 was successfully registered according to the biocide guideline of the EU by the BAUA (Bundesanstalt für Arbeitsschutz und Arbeitsmedizin/ Federal Office for industrial safety and occupational medicine). This document is available only in German: Biozid-Anmeldung für Produkt Anti-Schimmel-Farbe Nr. 327
PurSolid Hard oil no. 123 and the Classic Hard oil no. 126 have both been
tested according to the criteria for the German DIN norm 53160 (sweat and saliva resistance) and the revised European EN71-3 (toy safety norm), valid from July 2013:
Paints & Glues
The university in Thessaloniki, Greece, tested AURO’s Matt silk paint no. 260 and the Floor covering adhesive no. 382 on emissions of formaldehyde and volatile toxiv substances which of course were not detected. The document is
available in a Greek-German-English version:
The Matt silk paint no. 260 was tested on its blocking stability according to the guidelines for coating systems for windows and doors. The ILF (Institute for Paints and Varnishes) stated the suitability of the product. The test report is available in German only:
The Matt silk paint no. 260 has been tested according to the criteria for the German DIN norm 53160 (sweat and saliva resistance) and the
revised European EN71-3 (toy safety norm), valid from July 2013:
The ILF also tested the Woodstain no. 160 on its blocking stability. This test report is available in German only:
The ILF also tested two exemplary colour tones of the Woodstain no. 160 on the UV-permeability in order to prove the suitability of the stain for exterior coatings. These tests are available only in German language.
The Woodstain no. 160 has been tested according to the criteria for the German DIN norm 53160 (sweat and saliva resistance) and the revised European EN71-3 (toy safety norm), valid from July 2013:
The product Mould stop no. 413 was tested on its effectiveness against mould. The test was made by the Hygiene & Microbiology Research Center, Tokyo, Japan: Test Anti-mould effectiveness Mould stop no. 413
AURO’s Mould remover no. 412 and Mould stop no. 413 have been registered according to the biocide guideline of the EU by the BAUA (Bundesanstalt für Arbeitsschutz und Arbeitsmedizin/ Federal Office for industrial safety and occupational medicine). These documents are available only in German:
Health-related Evaluation of Emissions from Building Products
A number of AURO products has been tested according to the AgBB evaluation scheme and certified according the DiBT criteria.
You will find an overview of these products as well as information about the evaluation criteria on a special page about this topic.
AURO produces coatings, cleaning, care and maintenance products on the basis of raw materials mainly based on plants and minerals which leads to a very special position within the chemical industry. Since AURO’s foundation in 1983, the holistic concept of viewing raw materials from their origin and extraction to the disposal of waste from the production as well as from objects treated with the products, has proven that ecological principles are consistent with economic success.
Our corporate philosophy is based on the use of biogenic, renewable and mineral raw materials. Materials that are well-tolerated by man must be extracted from natural sources as careful as possible and then be processed according to the principles of a gentle chemistry. Moreover, social and environmental responsibility are always the starting point to further develop the successfully practiced AURO concept
AURO´s investments are supported by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
- Certificate green electricity Since 2012, AURO sources green electricity from MVV Energy AG (certified by TÜV SÜD). In combination with the solar power systems on the AURO roof, we now work exclusively with energy from renewable sources.
- Certificate on the participation of sales packaging to BELLANDDual
- CO2 climate certificate referring to all packaging materials covered by the BELLAND Dual recycling system in the year 2015. The certificate confirms the reduction of CO2 emissions caused by the recycling of packaging materials put in circulation on the domestic German market.
- Recycling-Certificate Transport packaging from Interseroh This certificate confirms that registered transport packaging is listed by the partners of Interseroh, that the listed transport packaging is further processed after use, and that all requirements of the packaging regulations are met.